So Flipping Frustrated with MS OUTLOOK!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

yourstruly76

OK, I am ready to take a sledge hammer to this computer! Just when I think this MS Outlook is working properly it goes off and messes up again!

I am running a Dell 9150 w/ XP Home. The Outlook I am running when I click on the Help button and then choose about says Outlook 2002. Then when I choose System Info and select 'Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 that totally confuses me! I can't tell if I have 2002 or 2003!

When I got this Dell, it came preloaded with XP HOME. I was under the impression I didn't have MS Word, Excel, etc. since it was showing Corel Word Perfect. So being the Computer Illiterate that I am I loaded my own discs of XP Student/Teacher which has all of that. Then it started doing the misfires I will tell you about in a minute so I uninstalled just the MS Outlook that I had loaded on. I think it may have originally come with its own Outlook and that may be what I am using.

Having given the background here's the misfires it does:

I will be working in one profile (personal) retrieving emails and such and then I go to close out and restart so I can choose my business profile to get business emails, etc. and it immediately opens up to my personal profile WITHOUT any prompt for a profile to be chosen. WHY?

If you can help, I'd appreciate it!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online