1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

So how about this? =)

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Andraxion, Aug 6, 2006.

?

What resolution do you prefer?

1. 800x600

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. 1024x768

12 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. 1280x1024

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  4. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Advertisement
  1. Andraxion

Andraxion Thread Starter

I love having my resolution really high so that I have room on my desktop and freedom while web browsing. My parents constantly tell me to cut it back to 1024x768 because ill be blind by 20 but meh I like it =)

BTW thats Windows XP at 1280x1024

[​IMG]

2. katonca

katonca

So what's the story with resolution? Can it be readily changed on the comp w/o messing things up?

3. Andraxion

Andraxion Thread Starter

Yea so I forgot to add the poll =P

4. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

800 x 600 High Color (16 bit)

Any higher and the screen flickers and the text gets too smal for me...the vision impaired! :D

5. Andraxion

Andraxion Thread Starter

((off topic!1!1!! 65k posts! are you serious!?!? I thought I was cool for getting 1.2k posts on GunZ Factor forums

6. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

:D That took four years though...once I get my knees replaced and a filter put in my heart...I can get back to my nursing job and then have less time to spend here! ;) That'll kill me! :eek: :D

7. katonca

katonca

I don't know Marlene, I think you're hooked. Once you go back to work, I foresee you walking around with a PDA & wireless internet - keeping tabs on us CP's (couch potatoes) :D

8. jp1203

jp1203

1280X1024 on my 18.1" LCD, because it's the native and anything else looks blocky. On my 17 inch CRT, 1024X768 and on my 15" CRT 800X600

9. Omega_Shadow

Omega_Shadow

1280x1024 here. Would go higher but my monitor wouldnt support it. My vid card can go up to 1400x1050 and when I get a new monitor thats what it will be set at

10. Omega_Shadow

Omega_Shadow

The comp out answer is yes and no. But since I got some time to burn I will give you the full rundown.

Your first question about Resolution. Resolution is the number of pixels that are displayed on your monitor to form a image. The more pixels, the higher the quality and the larger the screen. Many people say a higher resolution is "smaller" because icons and windows look smaller. That is not the case, you screen is just bigger now. Think of it like looking at a picture close up and then taking a step back. Same picture, everything is the same size, you can just see more of the picture now.

Now for your second question. For the most part yes, you can change your screen resolution anytime without blowing up your computer. If your in windows right click on your desktop, select "properties" and go to the "settings" tab. There you will find your resolution setting. If you move it up or down and hit apply but you screen goes black, don't panic. Yes, you have technically messed your computer up, but lucky for you Windows asks after every screen res change if you can see the screen. If it gets no input it will change back to the original setting. If you want to change your screen res I say go for it. You shouldn't be afraid of something like that (y)

11. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    Here's the perfect set up for me.
    Angel O'Babe... you can change your font size to suit your needs. You can also change the refresh rate so you don't see it flicker.

Attached Files:

12. InfernoReaper

InfernoReaper

1024 x 768 because my 15" plasma monitor doesnt support higher
    Wouldnt go higher though because itd be too small

13. Stoner

Stoner Banned

1024x768 on a 17" crt.

14. Chicon

Chicon

800 x 600 on a 17" CRT ! Beyond that resolution, I need glasses.

15. katonca

katonca

Thanks for the answer OS (y)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489976

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice