1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

So what version of Vista will people be getting?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by topjaw, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. topjaw

topjaw Thread Starter

Windows Vista Business **..Regardless of the size of your organization, Windows Vista Business will help you lower your PC management costs, improve your security, enhance your productivity, and help you stay better connected.

Windows Vista Enterprise..Windows Vista Enterprise is designed to meet the needs of large global organizations with highly complex IT infrastructures. Windows Vista Enterprise can help you lower your IT costs while providing additional layers of protection for your sensitive data.

Windows Vista Home Premium ++..Whether you choose to use your PC to write e-mail and surf the Internet, for home entertainment, or to track your household expenses, Windows
    Vista Home Premium delivers a more complete and satisfying computing experience.

Windows Vista Home Basic..Windows Vista Home Basic is designed to deliver improved reliability, security, and usability to home PC users who just want to do the basics with their PCs.

Windows Vista Ultimate ** ++...If you want all of the best business features, all of the best mobility features, and all of the best home entertainment features that Windows Vista has to offer, Windows Vista Ultimate is the solution for you. With Windows Vista Ultimate you don't have to compromise.

I'm mostly play games and browse the net so should I get Vista home Premium or windows Vista Ultimate? I want DX10 and Aero.What version wil you be getting??

2. doj

doj

well to be honest i dont know yet,,, need to do a bit of reading first but microsoft say i should get this one and say,,, by running their scan from here,,, http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...r/default.mspx Based on your selections, Windows Vista Home Premium appears to be the edition that is right for you,,,, not that i trust microsoft to decide what i am going to use my computer for in the future,,,, they would have been better doing a test no your current os and users habits,,, not base it on about 5 ?????? ons ,,,,, i still havent worked out if xp home or xp pro is better,,, people will still be debating which vista is better in 10 years to come ( doj )

3. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

When I do I am sure I'll get Ultimate. I never like being limited on options and really thats the only way to get all the bells and whistles. I won't be standing out there in line to get it the day its released though either I am sure Its a long ways off for me to adopt it 100%.

4. jhoegl

jhoegl

What they need to do is release just one freakin CD, and "unlock" any abilities you find yourself needing in the future. So if you use your computer at work, you work for a small buisness that does not need a domain server, that buisness finds itself needing one in the future, you can upgrade right there instead of having to wait for "upgrade cds".

There is something in the works that is like this, but its more of a "pay as you go" kind of thing. Monthly billing, etc. Right now it is being proposed to ISPs and Hosting services (like the one I work for). So you pay monthly instead of up front cost.
    I think it can work for some areas, but its a small market for that.

I also wish they would release these with "packages", like the Linux OS comes, or now the Longhorn Server Beta. The packages are not installed unless you need them or, can be installed in the future. This is obviously for security for the Server OS, but it can be translated down to the home user too.

Anyways, ill probly wait 2-3 years for the next OS MS will release. Vista is nothing more than eyecandy right now.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489010

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice