1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved socialclub.rockstargames.com took too long to respond.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Samatar, Jan 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Samatar

Samatar Thread Starter

2. Samatar

Samatar Thread Starter

Hi guys,
    I'm having an issue connecting to this particular website :
    Socialclub.rockstargames.com

I have Searched online for solutions with no avail. Every time I try to load the main page. I see this error in the screen shot.

I'm having this issue with every device connected to my Internet, however when went to my ISP they loaded the website without a problem and stated that they didn't block it also asked a friend with same ISP.

As you can see I tried forwarding the recommended ports that customer support asked me to do, but the issue still persist.

The only way that I can access it is using VPN.

P.S unfortunately I have zero experience on networking, so your guidance is very appreciated and sorry for any grammatical error's English is not my first language.

Thank you all

3. lunarlander

lunarlander

Have you ever reached that site without problems ? Use the VPN then, maybe the site is limiting traffic to people with slower connections - like from overseas.

4. Samatar

Samatar Thread Starter

Yes I have used the site before with no problems, and currently am using VPN to connect through my phone but the PS4 game I bought must connect to the website to play Online. Also my friend's Internet is much slower than mine but it working just fine.
    P.S they are from the same ISP

5. Samatar

Samatar Thread Starter

I'm trying to play a PS4 game that require connection to the website to play online. Currently using VPN on the phone.

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    So to confirm, both the PS4 and your browser on the phone are not able to connect to rockstar?

Do you have a computer to see if you get the same issue?

7. Samatar

Samatar Thread Starter

Yes both, have laptop it's displays the same issue.

8. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    go into Command Prompt and type nslookup socialclub.rockstargames.com post the information here.

9. Samatar

Samatar Thread Starter

There and please tell me if i need to hide any part of it like (my MAC) before i post anything.
    Don't really know when and which part not to share.

Attached Files:

• ns.PNG
      ns.PNG
      File size:
      13.3 KB
      Views:
  10. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    The DNS server is not your typical address, but it does seem to resolve the IP address of the website. Having said that, the IP address in your screenshot of the router settings is different, so is the screenshot from your setup, or is it a stock image from the internet to do the port forwarding?

11. Samatar

Samatar Thread Starter

the Forwarded-Router
    I have two routers, one is port forwarded and the other isn't.
    It looks like the picture is from my Second Router(unforwarded router), I apologize.
    here is the screenshot of my First Router(forwarded router) and it seems that my local IP Changed from 192.168.1.146 to 183.168.1.136 so i updated my router too. also am using these Static DNS.

Thanks for being Vigilant

Attached Files:

• NS.PNG
      NS.PNG
      File size:
      9.3 KB
      Views:
    • DNS.PNG
      DNS.PNG
      File size:
      37.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  12. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Why do you have 2 routers set up like that?

So now it becomes a question on what device is causing the problem. What modem do you have?

13. Samatar

Samatar Thread Starter

I bought one and the other came from the ISP when they were installing the Internet.

I use the unforwarded router normally but about a month ago I noticed the problem, then contacted the website owners and they told me to port forward my router, so I came up with the idea that I shouldn't mess with my Original router(unforwarded router) settings and i should try it on the Second router but it didn't work.

That website used to work normally on the unforwarded Router but now it doesn't on both routers.

14. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Since you have the settings for the port forwarding, I would suggest factory resetting the modem (which I assume is also the router), make sure the second router (linksys) is not powered on/connected and then connect to the first device. If you cannot access the website (which doesn't need port forwarding) from a factory reset of the modem/router from your devices (plural) then the ISP will need to get involved.

15. Samatar

Samatar Thread Starter

I will try it now, and I talked with ISP they seem not sure what is the issue.

Seems the problem is growing some other websites like (eurogamer.com) are not fully loading at the first attempt and I can't ping them using the cmd.

It displays request timed out

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222049

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice