Socket is in blocked permanently on few of Vista Systems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kushi

Dear Sir/Mam,

I have written a server code using the Windows Socket API's. Wherein I have created the socket and bound it to a particular IP address and port number. Later I have made the socket in non-blocking mode by using the proper socket option ( i.e. SO_RCVTIMEO). After which with the use of recv() I am trying to get into the receive mode. Here as the receive time out is being used the socket should come out of the block mode after the time out value. But this is not happening here, instead the socket is always in the blocking mode.
I am facing this kind of an issue only on few of the VISTA systems. Whereas on few other VISTA systems it is working fine (means we are ableto switch between block and non-block modes).
But there is no problem on any of the XP systems.
Could you please provide me with information related to this and help in deriving a proper conclusion.

Thanks in advance,
Kushi

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online