1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

socket pga370 ? is it for 100mhz only ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cadeau, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cadeau

Cadeau Thread Starter

I;m working on a motherboard that has a "pga370" socket. I have no manuals and it is not installed in a machine. Does this "pga" socket 370 mean that the board is ment for a Celeron processor ? I have a Pentium 3 733 133mhz cpu in it now with 265mb pc133 sdram but the computer restarts as soon as it hits Windows. ( computer did not restart once during format and reinstall of windows 98se ) So , I am just wondering if the motherboard is meant for a 100mhz system.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You need more info on the motherboard. The chipset will determine what CPU's and memory will work with the motherboard and not so much the socket as there are 66, 100, and 133Mhz versions of Socket 370 CPU's.

It might also be bad memory.

Memory testor: http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

3. Cadeau

Cadeau Thread Starter

Tripple 6 , I checked the Sdram in another machine that is running good. All my ram is fine. The motherboard had a big square chip in the center of it that has Intel 815 fw82815 plus some other numbers on it. That is all I seem to beable to fine on it. It has 2 sdram slots 3 pci slots, 1 agp slot atx connector onboard video and sound. Anyother suggestions ?

4. Arcadion

Arcadion

The Intel 815 chipset (which your board has) supports 66, 100 and 133MHz FSB, so your processor should work fine with it.

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Intel 815 is a chipset, it supports all three FSB speeds: http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets/815/

Where did the motherboard come from? For identification look for writing on the circuit board or a sticker.

The promblem can be anything; CPU compatibilty, RAM compatibility, video compatibility, or anything else connected to the computer. It could also be a BIOS setting.

Remove any modems, network cards, or other things that don't need to be in the computer and try booting. Try another video card.

6. Cadeau

Cadeau Thread Starter

the board has a small sticker and says made in Mexico and it says stamped in the board below the sticker IBM corporation 2000 1 06p2525 01 . I have cleared the cmos and reentered the minumum. I have tried the onboard video , the AGP slot ( with a working agp card), and a working pci video card.
    I have tried numerious SDRAMs , I put in a new board battery, new working hard drive, installed a diffrent P3 cpu ( changed clock ratio too) . Whats really got me is that the format and reinstall of Win98se went really good with not one problem, But when it finally gets around to actually starting windows for the first time it reboots over and over at the same point. And there is only one jumper on the whole board which I would say is it the cmos clear ( which I did too)

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    So the problem has to be with one of that parts that hasn't been replaced; which I guess is only the motherboard, powersupply, and CD-ROM?

Being an IBM motherboard it might be hard to find any good info on it without knowing what IBM system it came in. Google shows some hits for 06p2525 but nothing too useful.

8. Jack Horner

Jack Horner

You say that the install went OK, but when windows tries to load, the computer restarts. Have you tried safe mode? A bad/buggy driver or any program that loads at startup can cause the same problem.

9. Cadeau

Cadeau Thread Starter

Jack, I did forget to mention that in my last posts! I am able to get into safe mode because I tried it. The computer ram fine and everything worked ok . Any suggestions ?

10. Jack Horner

Jack Horner

That would indicate a conflicting driver/program, and not bad hardware. Boot into safe mode, delete all shortcuts in the startup folder in the start menu, then run msconfig (start>run>msconfig) and under the startup tab uncheck everything. Try a normal boot. if successful, go into msconfig, and enable one item and reboot until you find the program/driver that is causing the problem.

11. Cadeau

Cadeau Thread Starter

Ok thanks Jack ! I'll give it a try and post how it went, I;ll do it tomorow
    Thanks

12. Taxon

Taxon

i'm reviving an one year old topic.
    i've got the same 06P2525 01 motherboard, i am trying to build a system on it, but i can not figure which are the connectors for power button (and the same for reset, speaker, leds).
    if anybody can give me a hint, i will be so grateful.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!