1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

soft router for using wireless card creating hot spot

Discussion in 'Networking' started by kb2tdu, Dec 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kb2tdu

kb2tdu Thread Starter

Saw nothing searching for a software solution to this: want to use the Win7 laptop's wireless stick (cellular, NOT wi-fi) to provide internet access to another device (regardless of whether the vendor sanctions). Internet connection sharing and bridging are not available (I tried) and it looks like the device driver is the one prohibiting, the options are greyed out or don't appear on the wireless stick's network device properties.

But the internet is available to any programs running on the laptop so it seems there should be a program that can be a client to the cellular connection and enable a device connected to the laptop LAN port or its wifi-acting-as-an-AP. Any suggestions?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    We will not help if the Vendors T&C do not allow this type of connection
    I suspect they DO not as you have mentioned it here - so I will close this post , if you want you can send me a PM/Email or click on the report button below the thread with a link to the T&C where this is valid and allowed

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970757

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice