soft router for using wireless card creating hot spot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kb2tdu

Saw nothing searching for a software solution to this: want to use the Win7 laptop's wireless stick (cellular, NOT wi-fi) to provide internet access to another device (regardless of whether the vendor sanctions). Internet connection sharing and bridging are not available (I tried) and it looks like the device driver is the one prohibiting, the options are greyed out or don't appear on the wireless stick's network device properties.

But the internet is available to any programs running on the laptop so it seems there should be a program that can be a client to the cellular connection and enable a device connected to the laptop LAN port or its wifi-acting-as-an-AP. Any suggestions?

etaf

Wayne
(regardless of whether the vendor sanctions).
We will not help if the Vendors T&C do not allow this type of connection
I suspect they DO not as you have mentioned it here - so I will close this post , if you want you can send me a PM/Email or click on the report button below the thread with a link to the T&C where this is valid and allowed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online