soft zooming sound?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

okeee

I sometimes hear a soft zooming sound from the pc-case. It's sort of a vibrating sound, as if the sounds is from a fan. It's usually not hard, but it keeps going on for a long time. A few times, these vibrating sounds were quite loud, for a short time. What could this sound be, and how can it be fixed? There aren't any warning messages from windows.

bonk

Banned
I would if no under warranty take the side off the tower and try to locate where is is coming from.....if a fan then with the power off, check to see it is not loose....if it isn't then probably it is a bearing and the fan needs replaced.......don't rush on checking where it is coming from, take your time and be sure.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
It's a fan going bad, at least that's the most likely suspect. It could also be bearings on a disk drive, I've had them do that in the past.

okeee

I noticed that the sound often occurs when a quite heavy game is being played. What does that mean?

bonk

Banned
Have you checked where it is coming from yet......my guess but only a guess would be a fan as when playing a game put a load on the PC and the fan would run more often to keep things cool.

Could also be your Hard drive but if you could try to pin point where the sound is coming from would help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online