1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

software exception HELP!! magic jack

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by jlmom8, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jlmom8

jlmom8 Thread Starter

hi!
    i installed magicjack and it worked for a week. now, the blue light is on (ok)
    but i can't get it working . when i check it, i see the exception unknown software exception (oxcoooo409 occured in the application at location 0x 0040267b.
    The tech support said it's not the device; this means it's a bad usb port.(n) (n)
    I tried every port on my computer and tried another computer but we still see this exception. The tech guy said to copy and paste the exact numbers into google which i did and got no results.
    HELP!! my company switched to using this and i must get it to work ASAP.
    my own tech people are working on this. no luck so far
    TIA,
    zoe
    ps this is xp

2. Amange

Amange

Hi there,

Please try the following:

Open my computer, right click the drive named Phone (could also be named Vista Only or removable storage), click format, and click start.

Once the format is done, unplug your magicJack, wait 30 seconds, and plug your magicJack back in.

3. jlmom8

jlmom8 Thread Starter

there is no option for format by rt clicking. Where else can i do this?
    thanks soooo much!
    zoe

4. marinermama

marinermama

We bought MagicJack and really like it, but we have a problem. When we use the speakerphone function of our cordless phone, MagicJack enters random numbers which the person on the other end of the connected call (but not we) can hear. The numbers show up in the window, so we know MagicJack is dialing them. They're random numbers, not someone's phone number. Tech support at MagicJack doesn't have a clue what we're talking about. If we use a corded phone or turn off the speakerphone feature, it's fine, but we want to use the speakerphone. MagicFix won't download, so that's no help. We have Windows XP home edition.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645292

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice