Software for print posters?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
Are you looking for software to print parts of the image to 8.5 X 11 or 8 X 10 sheets and put them together? That is the only thing you need special software for.

If you are sending it in to be printed your best efforts in whatever image editor you are using is all the software you need. Good resample software like Genuine Fractals or stepped interpolation in a good image editor can help upsize the image. Qimage supposedly has a good upsample filter as well. Noise reduction software can make an upsized image a little smoother, but you need it as a plug-in for that purpose so you can keep your edges sharp. You of course have to crop to the right proportions for the poster.

alfatester

slipe said:
Are you looking for software to print parts of the image to 8.5 X 11 or 8 X 10 sheets and put them together? That is the only thing you need special software for.

If you are sending it in to be printed your best efforts in whatever image editor you are using is all the software you need. Good resample software like Genuine Fractals or stepped interpolation in a good image editor can help upsize the image. Qimage supposedly has a good upsample filter as well. Noise reduction software can make an upsized image a little smoother, but you need it as a plug-in for that purpose so you can keep your edges sharp. You of course have to crop to the right proportions for the poster.
Thank you for answer. My task is more simply: to print 2*2m potser on A4 printer. I have founded simple utility ProPoster and 2G Poster works.

alfatester

Thank you. My task is to print 2*2m poster on A4 printer. I find simply utility ProPoster and PosterPrint.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online