1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

software for putting cassettes on cd's

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Allan FitzRando, Dec 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Allan FitzRando

Allan FitzRando Thread Starter

Is there a program that I need to purchase to enable me to copy my cassttes to cd format?
    I am currently using windows 98 with office xp, have not yet upgraded to the xp os::p

2. Chili_Palmer

Chili_Palmer

Dont know about the cassete to cd, but would you really want to try and put analog music into a difital format? I dont think it would sound very good.

More than likely you can download most of the songs you have on cassete from the internet. www.kazaa.com has the kazaa program available for dowload that lets you dowload music from other people's computers. However, this program is considered as spyware so if you dont want spyware on your system, dont download it.

Personally, the only problem i have with kazaa is the pop-ups it causes. minor annoyance but annoying none the less.

-CP

BTW--thought i should add that though i use kazaa i make sure to shut it down completely (using the system tray) when im not using it. At least that way its not calling home ALL the time.

-CP

3. hewee

hewee

kazaa is Spyware so wait for others to tell you want you can do.

4. kramnnim

kramnnim

It would be possible to connect your cassette player's line out outlet to your PCs line in outlet (inlet?), and record the music with something like Musicmatch jukebox, etc. Not sure how good it would sound...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!