1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Software for remote desktop control

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by JonaTech, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JonaTech

JonaTech Thread Starter

All,

Can you suggest a good software (preferably freeware) that I can use to
    remote desktop into a clients machine and provide technical help.

This site is great for most people for tech support but there's a lot more of that aren't tech savvy or confident enough to understand some of the responses.

2. TacticalSniper

TacticalSniper

I use RoyalTS, which is quite good. Since after version 1.5.1 RoyalTS is shareware, but you can download the 1.5.1 which is still free :)

3. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Ultra VNC

Check out the Single Click option. You create a small exe file, they download it and run it, and if you are listening, you are asked if you want to connect with them, even through firewalls, no configuration on the clients end is needed.

You just need to allow the incoming connection through your router/firewall.

4. TacticalSniper

TacticalSniper

Oh, shoot, my mistake, RoyalTS really wouldn't be best for support.

UltraVNC's Single Click is quite good, although VNC in general is not the most reliable option. I love TeamViewer. It's free for non-commercial use, and allows you to reconnect to your customer if you're disconnected (with SC, customer would have to reinitiate the connection every time, which, at times, gets annoying).

5. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

I use a couple of different solutions depending on where I am.
    UltraVNC and its SC version.
    Zolved
    TeamViewer

6. Bryan_Clark

Bryan_Clark

What's wrong with Windows "Remote Desktop"? Free, already installed, etc.

7. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Main problem is that Remote Desktop can't be used to connect TO XP Home, Vista Starter/Basic/Home, or Win 7 Starter/Basic/Home, which is more likely one of the versions a home user would be running, rather than Pro, Ultimate, or Enterprise.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/884719

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice