software install/uninstall help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wendlle

I just removed that stupid "security shield" virus from my laptop using malwarebytes. Now I'm trying to uninstall my trial version of AVG and put on the free version and neither will work. they go thru the process of extracting the files then nothing. When I go to add/remove programs and then uninstall. I hit the button and nothing happens.

Can anyone help?

flavallee

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Frank
Download and save and then run AVG Remover 2012 so it can find and remove all the AVG "debris" in your computer.
Note: Select the 32-bit or 64-bit version, depending on whether your computer has Windows 32-bit or 64-bit.

After that's done, download and save and then install Microsoft Security Essentials - which is free and very user-friendly and well-recommended in these forums.

--------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online