1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Software needs for NT 4 Server

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by NumberCruncher, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NumberCruncher

NumberCruncher Thread Starter

I am a newcomer to Tech Support Guy, with a unique problem...

My job is tech support for a bunch (nearly 20) of Windows NT 4 Servers for one of our clients. Most software these days is not written for NT. Now, our company installed these servers back in the 1990's, and they work fine to this day. Dell has been good in supporting their product. Our new installations are 2003 Servers. But this client has been with us for over 10 years, and doesn't think that they need to upgrade. But that is not my problem.

I am looking for software that will run on NT Server (NT 4.0 SP 6a) and SQL Server that will consolidate directories and defragment the disks (not Diskeeper Lite).

I am also looking for software that will allow me to assess any difficulties (i.e. registry problems) and take care of them.

The difficulty is, this software must be current. I cannot go to Ebay to pick up software...I have to buy from a known vendor and the product must be the most recent. Freeware is a possiblity if it can be sufficiently documented that it is a product that is undergoing continuing development.

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I suspect you're going to have serious problems finding new software that is fully supported for Windows NT 4.0.

I don't know of any application that can scan any operating system to determine any type of problem and fix it regardless of corrupt files or registries. It sounds like you're looking for some type of Holy Grail software that fixes all problems. No such thing. Even harder to find utilities that work with an operating system even the maker of which doesn't support it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593698

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice