1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Software or hardware issues??

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jrszabo, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jrszabo

jrszabo Thread Starter

Recently my Mouse's right button shuts down apps as well as closing windows/folders/files. For example, I tried to delete a folder from my Favorites from IE8, but I right clicked oin this folder, IE8 closed. Aklso when I downloaded a driver and saved it to folder, when right clicked on the driver in it's folder, the folder closed. I have upograded my mouse's driver as well as my touchopad's driver.(which also has the same issue). I thought is simply a hardware issue, but after broswing here,reading about poeople who were having troubles, with the Right Click menus, I want to check to be sure my problem not a software issue, instead. But other than instances I posted here all the Right Click menus seem to work just fine.

Any idea on where to start fixing this??

BTW does anybody know where I view the default Right Click menus and possibly under what circumstances they appear when I right click!

2. sepala

sepala

I think this is a software issue.

3. jrszabo

jrszabo Thread Starter

Why do you think that is a software issue? And if so do have any how I go about diagnosing the cause?

4. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

If your problem just started recently, you could try a Restore point to before this problem started.

5. jrszabo

jrszabo Thread Starter

I don't "believe" Restore Points, because in they past they made a bigger mess that I had before. I rather find the cause of this problem.

6. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

OK then,
    Did you try did with your laptop's mouse touchpad to see if this also happens?
    Did you try using another mouse to see if your mouse is defective?
    Since you do not use System Restore, have you disabled it? Save yourself some valuable space.

Good luck
    Ray

7. jrszabo

jrszabo Thread Starter

I am already on my second mouse on the touchpad has always mis-behaved this way .

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!