1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

software problem on windows 2000

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Stevamean, Dec 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Stevamean

Stevamean Thread Starter

I'm trying to install a program called labelmaster 5.3 on a windows 2000 box........I've installed this program at least 100 time and I have never had this issue with it.......the splash screen will just flash and not install.......i've copied the install to different drives and it does the same........I checked the atts and made sure all the read only marks are off...........it will install in safe mode but boot it up into normal mode it just does the same thing when you try to run the program.......

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

You've installed it on Windows 2000 machines?

3. Stevamean

Stevamean Thread Starter

yes..........some of the stores that I work in need to have 2000 for the front end registers to work.......

4. ~Candy~

Did you disable anti virus program? Sometimes they will inhibit installations.

5. Stevamean

Stevamean Thread Starter

yah........they also have some service monitoring stuff that I disabled also.......theres really nothing to the program thats why I'm a little freaked about it not working.........

6. ~Candy~

And you're logged in as admin so that you have software installation rights?

7. Stevamean

Stevamean Thread Starter

yah..........Im in admin mode..............

8. ~Candy~

Hmm, then I'm stumped. Have you tried copying the install cd to a folder on the desktop, then perhaps give a safe mode install a try?

9. Stevamean

Stevamean Thread Starter

yah........it will install in safe mode.........and run in safe mode........I'm kind of reading that there might be a problem with it being a 16 bit program

10. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

if you've installed it 100 times, as you claim on 2k machines, the 16 bit part should be a non issue.

is teh problem unique to 1 machine or several.

11. Stevamean

Stevamean Thread Starter

it has been at least 100 times.........I've worked for my company for about 5 years and we have about 300 or more stores so yah............just one machine...........the 16 bit should be a non issue..........I'm just wondering if some dll or something got deleted along the way........

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/424796

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice