1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Software solution to projector image

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by animalcolm, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. animalcolm

animalcolm Thread Starter

Is there a software solution to get the image from my LED projector to fit on the projection screen (i.e. re-sizing the image without physically moving the projector or screen)?
    The projector (Optoma Pico PK-301) has no useful internal image adjustment options. I am running the projector connected to a PC laptop (winXP), and the image spills out beyond the edges of the screen. I want to shrink the image down to fit the screen without moving the projector or screen, if possible.
    Any suggestions?

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Have you tried the "Zoom" ?
    On most machines it is a ring around the lens.

3. animalcolm

animalcolm Thread Starter

Thats the problem, this projector has no zoom, either physically as a zoom ring or internally as a setting......
    My thinking is that because I am using the projector as a secondary or primary display, there must be some way to control the resolution / aspect ratio ... (more accurately than with the windows xp display preferences - this doesnt really do the trick)
    maybe there is some open source display management program that would work, or something else i can do in windows??

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976700

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice