1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

software that checks dvds for skips/scratches?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by principessa, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. principessa

principessa Thread Starter

hi! hopefully won't take much of anyone's time - i have a program called "sector tester" that scans cds to check if there are skips/scratches - does anyone know if it can be used for dvds too, or if there is any other such program for dvds? thanks to all the nice people on this site who always try to help! ~princi :p

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

CD/DVD Inspector is intended for forensics, but checks for damaged sectors and attempts to recover data. It's the one I use most. It allows you to look through the contents of the CD sector by sector like a hex editor for a hard drive.

CDCheck and CDRoller are others. I use these also since some programs work better on certain errors than others.

It looks like yours would work fine on DVD's (if it accepts them as just big CD's) since the same methods are file structures are used for both.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325899

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice