1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Software to bind (alt/shift/ctrl) modifiers to keys? (Win 7)

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by WinkyWink, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WinkyWink

WinkyWink Thread Starter

I'm wondering if there is any software around that would allow me to bind something like Shift+A to function as F1, or Ctrl+Z to function as F2, etc.

The reason I ask is because I'm running an old game that doesn't allow changing default hotkeys (A,S,D,F,G,H, F1, F2, F3, F4, F5) to shift/alt/ctrl modifiers like more modern games do. What I'd like to do is be able to play using the default row of A, S, D, F, G, then making Shift+A function as F1, Shift+S function as F2, and so forth.

I'm not looking for a program that would make permanent registry changes in particular, but if there is one that does make those changes (but reversible), then I'd consider using it.

I'm not interested in any program that'd just rebind the F1-F12 keys to keys like Q,W,E,R,T,Y. It has to allow me to bind modifiers (shift/alt/ctrl) + a key to act like those function keys.

Thanks in advance :)!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/869699

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice