1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

software to configure?

Discussion in 'Games' started by cool breeze, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cool breeze

cool breeze Thread Starter

Hi

Is there any software that i can get that will force games into using joysticks?.

I've configured my joystick for games, but the games won't let me use it, all the games seem to be just mouse/keyboard, which i'm struggling to use. :-(

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

What games? Do the games actually use joysticks?

By the way, I'm moving you to the gaming forums for better assistance.

3. cool breeze

Oops, sorry about the wrong board.

Tactical ops,black hawk down,mace griffin ect,ect, because of the state of my fingers i can't get to the keys fast enough.

No the're all mouse/keyboard.

Just thought that with all this "modern tech" there might be such a program.

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Well, if there is such an animal, the gamers would know it ;)

5. cool breeze

Cheers for that,

Guess the computer wins every time. :)

6. RT

RT

Just MHO, and I could be wrong...(how's that for expert help? :) ) but i think the game design itself decides to support joysticks, game pads, etc or not.

I don't think you can force a game to change it's controlling hardware scheme, just like you can't run a certain game if any hardware is not supported. Video card, CPU, below minimum specs, etc. There are also games or simulations that require a joystick, else you can't play.

Sure, some games allow you to remap the controls, but only on the supported control interface. If a joystick control was an option it would be in the "control > Options" list in setup or the main menu of the game.

Anyway, I know that Black Hawk Down decided not to add joystick support. Not sure about the other games you listed...

I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is for now.

IMHO.

7. cool breeze

Thanks RT,
    Not to worry, the games will win more than me. :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/491167

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice