1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Software to create quizzes that doesn't require Flash...

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by larryh10000, Aug 5, 2017.

Advertisement
  1. larryh10000

larryh10000 Thread Starter

I'm looking for a software program (I am running Windows 7) that can help me create fairly simple quizzes that I want to put on my churches website. I really only have 2 requirements:
    1) It must not require Flash to design the quiz or a Flash player to take the test or view it.
    2) Once the quiz is created I need to be able to get the embed code to place it on the web site.

Any suggestions?
    Free would be nice but willing to pay up to $100 or so.

2. Sponsor

3. EchoSix

EchoSix

I'm not sure how many questions you're looking to make for this quiz, but you could try surveymonkey.com. You can use it for free if you only need 10 questions or less. You would only need to post this link on the site rather than embedding the whole quiz on one of the site's pages. I'm not sure if this will help at all if you are REQUIRED to embed it in the site.

Alternatively, you could try Google Drive Forms (located in drive.google.com). This is free for an unlimited amount of questions (I believe). You can share a link to the quiz like you can with Survey Monkey, but I'm not sure what the options would be for embedding.

4. EchoSix

EchoSix

It looks like you can actually embed the Google Drive Forms. If you open the quiz (after creating it), and then go to "Send" in the upper right-hand corner, you should be able to access an embed code link:

upload_2017-8-5_14-43-4.png

upload_2017-8-5_14-43-56.png

5. draceplace

draceplace

I agree with Echo, take a look at Survey Monkey. My organization uses it for many things even collecting lunch orders for conferences. You can start out for free and its not that expensive if you decide you like it and need more features.

your Survey can be a test with 1st of the question 'Please enter your name'. Then you can go multiple choice, fill in the blank, etc.

6. larryh10000

draceplace - thanks for your reply.
    Do you know if Survey Monkey will let me embed the iframe code into my existing web page - specifically when using the free version?

7. draceplace

draceplace

Apparently yes this Blog, I typically get a link to the survey (which you would put on the web page or in an email) and you (as admin) go back to Survey Monkey for the results.

I went to the Pricing Page and see they have added a Quizes with automatic scoring which is available in the free version.

Should be easy enough to create a free survey/test and play with it. I haven't used the free one in years.

Once you start using SM you will find additional uses for it. Sign up for classes, Review Projects I have been amazed at how much we use it. We do have Premier version and then charge divisions the additional cost for having their own 'silo' which I monitor. I can't remember the

8. larryh10000

Thanks for everyone's help - I went with Survey Monkey and it does everything that I had questions.

9. draceplace

draceplace

Good news! Were you able to do it with the free version?

10. larryh10000

Yes draceplace - it can be embedded with a link or iframe using the free version as well. Just a tip that I liked to use is using this free online iframe gererator. Drop the link into the generator http field and hit the "Generate" button then cut and paste the iframe into your web page. Thanks again for your help - You provided just the help I needed - job done.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1194254