1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Software to detect my specs

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by black ballon, Sep 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. black ballon

black ballon Thread Starter

I can't find the manual on my pc.

Is there a program I can download that will tell me all the specs on my computer?

Also, I want to install a GeForce video card. But the one right now is shared with the RAM, so would it still be possible for me to put the GeForce on and disable the sharing?

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Is this the PC in your signature?

HP pavilion ze1110 Laptop
    Xp Home Edition
    1 Ghz Cpu
    240 MB of RAM
    Netgear wireless network card
    Direct x 9

If so, you cannot install a new video card in the laptop. Only a few of the very expensive models have a separate card, and it's proprietary to the laptop, not a generic card.

Everest home will give a list of the hardware.
    http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/...s_Utilities/Lavalys_EVEREST_Home_Edition.html

3. sockey99

sockey99

Try Belarc Advisor, a free download, and it lists all hardware and software.
    Kiwi is right, your not going to change a video card in a laptop. If the computer is the one Kiwi spec'd, spend your money on RAM, or start saving for a gaming rig.

4. wilson44512

wilson44512

5. black ballon

black ballon Thread Starter

No, not the specs I had in my signature.

It's a Gateway desktop. I just want the bad *** GeForce in it. So I'll post the specs when I get a min. and see if you guys think it's possible to install.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/498730