Software to edit PDF

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Johnny b

John
Just to be clear, at the link I posted, there is a version of Master PDF Editor 5 for a Windows platform.
Try the free version to see if you like it.

Alex Ethridge

Just to be clear, at the link I posted, there is a version of Master PDF Editor 5 for a Windows platform.
Try the free version to see if you like it.
Downloaded it. Will accumulate a pile of receipts to scan before installing it.

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What's weird is that it was a PDF made by Adobe LiveCycle... but Acrobat DC didn't want to edit it... and LiveCycle is an enterprise behemoth of making specialized PDFs from what I know... yet online allowed me to edit the text box haha. there are limitations for sure, but you do get DC offline as part of the sub so i guess it's a preference for most IT savvy people.
Oh, God! That's the exact-same issue I hit with PDFs I constructed with LiveCycle. So you give us a tool to create these documents and we can't even edit them in Acrobat? It's nuts!

plodr

Liz
I scan a lot of paper receipts and other paper documents into PDF format.
If you save as jpg, you won't have as much trouble editing. (I scan, save as jpg and do what I want in the free program IrfanView.)

This shows you how to edit items before saving to your computer.
https://support.neat.com/scanutilit..._can_i_edit_scanned_items_in_the_scan_utility

Then
1. Open the edited jpg
2. Press ctrl+P as if you were going to print it
3. Choose Microsoft to pdf as your printer
4. Click print and you can save the pdf to your computer.

texasbullet

Ramon
I scan a lot of paper receipts and other paper documents into PDF format. I normally use Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 and another program that came with my Neat Desk sheet-feed scanner. Today, I learned that Acrobat Pro 2020 will allow editing of scanned documents. I have found a copy of 2020 for $299 but want to know if there is a cheaper alternative.

I am not interested in an on-line editor. I want something that I can install on my computer and that runs without an internet connection.

To be clear, I want to be able to edit documents scanned from paper to PDF.

So, anyone know of such?
If I am not mistaken, If you scanned your documents into PDF and want to edit it, it is impossible to remove anything from the scanned documents. You can add something into it but not remove something from it. The only method to do it is when you make yourself a PDF form by yourself and save it and later edit it if necessary.

Alex Ethridge

If I am not mistaken, If you scanned your documents into PDF and want to edit it, it is impossible to remove anything from the scanned documents.
It is possible. I have done it in a scanned receipt in Acrobat Pro 2020. I have changed numbers and letters. I have removed letters and numbers. I have added text.

texasbullet

Ramon
It is possible. I have done it in a scanned receipt in Acrobat Pro 2020. I have changed numbers and letters. I have removed letters and numbers. I have added text.
I just made a quick test on a scanned PDF document and was unable to make any changes but could add more details on it. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Alex Ethridge

I just made a quick test on a scanned PDF document and was unable to make any changes but could add more details on it. Maybe I am doing something wrong.
Have a look at these two PDFs, same receipt except one is edited.

In Acrobat Pro 2020, you open a PDF that has already been OCR'd, look to the right and click EDIT PDF.

Attachments

texasbullet

Ramon
Now I get it. You just changed the name of the store or deleted it. That can also be done with a photo editing software too. I have done it once.

Alex Ethridge

Now I get it. You just changed the name of the store or deleted it. That can also be done with a photo editing software too. I have done it once.
I also changed a price from $34.98 to $39.48 and it looks natural. I haven't done enough with it to know all the ins and outs of it but it seems that if you use a character that matches another character on that same line, it will look like the other scanned characters on that line.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!