Software to Monitor Which Appz are using NET??? !

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Deep_CuTz

I've been having a bit of trouble with my cable modem of late - It's consistently registering activity, and it will be maintaining a 2 - 4 % activity rate the entire time, even when I'm not using it! I'm running Windows XP, (suspected problem) But when I run Linux, the problem is still there. It is almost like I''m being Packeted. I've tried Zonealarm so it could tell me what is doing all this sending and recieving, but it still occurs, and zonealarm says nothing. Any suggestions of good netmonitoring Software? I want something that tells me which programs are sending out info, (and possibly why) or failing that, maybe a bug fix that I might have missed? Any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated.
ThanX!
Deep_CuTz :D

Well, it may sound silly, but when I was trying to find out what was accessing the Internet without my knowing, as well as trying to track down disconnection times, and what was shutting down a program I have running 24-7, I downloaded a program called Parents Friend. It's primarily a keylogger, and tracker to let Parent's know what their kids are accessing, but the logs are pretty comprehensive, and might help.

I did find that uninstalling it was a bit of a pain, cause it is meant to be tough to remove, but booting into safe mode and uninstalling did the trick.

The site is german, but the program can be downloaded in english from http://www.parents-friend.de/pfsetupe.exe

Deep_CuTz

Indeed - This is a VERY involved program - It tells me just about everything I want to know! Now I just have to leave the logs running, and review them a bit later! Thanks so much for that one - Very handy little piece of software!

Good luck, and whatever you do . . .

don't forget the password to access the control panel!!;):D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online