1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

software 'un-registers'

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by CVA60, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CVA60

CVA60 Thread Starter

I'll start this out with a question that won't mean a thing without the explanation that follows: Does anysone know what a "system code" is and what causes it to change?

I have a recurring problem with a third-party program that gets 'un-registered' from time to time. I do a fair amount of tryng out new software and I'm pretty sure it is the install-uninstall-clean registry process that changes the 'system code' that this program relies on to ensure it is used on only one computer. Thus, I am constantly re-registering it with the software supplier.

The code will also change if I set this particular program to 'Run as Administrator' - BUT - the code changes right back to the previous one if I simply undo the 'Run as Administrator.' In this case, I do not need to re-reister the program. (Just so you can get an idea of what the code looks like, I've attached a screen shot of the registration box showing the 'current' system code.)

I have questioned the supplier on the problem and he says that there IS a way around the problem (it happens with other of his clients, too), but it would be very expensive for him to implement.

Any suggestions on how I might prevent this constant changing? Or maybe some way I could
    set things right again after fooling around with new software?

Thank you for reading through this. With all the experienced people out there (this is
    being read all over the world after all!), I'm hoping for the right person to read it
    and help me get the saddle back on my horse - Are you that person?

Here's the sysinfo:
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 8183 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 202901 MB, Free - 55993 MB; D: Total - 735502 MB, Free - 517316 MB; F: Total - 1907726 MB, Free - 971323 MB; G: Total - 764433 MB, Free - 764280 MB; L: Total - 305241 MB, Free - 263653 MB;
    Motherboard: Gateway, FX6840
    Antivirus: ZoneAlarm Extreme Security Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087948

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice