1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Software update fails..

Discussion in 'Android Phones and Tablets' started by smartmoss, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. smartmoss

smartmoss Thread Starter

Hi,

I have a problem on my HTC wildfire S. It runs Android 2.3.5.

Sometimes i get a push notification that tells me i can update my software. I when download the update wich goes fine. But when i install the update something goes wrong. When the screen comes up with the installation sign, it goes wrong. Suddenly there appears a red warning triangle wich a dark background. When i can't do anything. I have to take the battery out and turn on the phone again. Then it starts up like normal. :confused:

I have tried to scan after malware with Norton Mobile Security but can't find anything. I'm sure there are plenty of space and battery. I have tried several times now. :mad:

My sense version is 2.1.

If you need additional details let me know.

Sincerly,

Smartmoss

2. smartmoss

smartmoss Thread Starter

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Do a hard reset, then run the update.

4. smartmoss

smartmoss Thread Starter

I forgot to say that i have tried that a couple of times.

/smartmoss

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You did a full hard reset setting the phone back to factory defaults and clearing all programs and data? And it's not rooted or unlocked?

6. smartmoss

smartmoss Thread Starter

Yes, i made a full hard reset back to factory settings. Cleared all data and programs. My phone is not rooted or unlocked. :(

/smartmoss

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

What software update are you being pushed? Who's your carrier? 2.3.5 is Gingerbread. I don't think it's slated to get Ice Cream Sandwich.

How did you get this phone? Brand new from the carrier? Used? 3rd party distributor?

8. smartmoss

smartmoss Thread Starter

I got this phone brand new form carrier. I'm sure it would not get Ice Cream Sandwich. It may sound a bit odd bot actually i cant see what update it is i will write back when i find out.

/smartmoss

9. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Contact your carrier. It must be an update specific to their devices and not to Android.

10. smartmoss

smartmoss Thread Starter

Yes, it might be it. I will contact HTC. Thanks for your help.

/smartmoss

11. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You bought it from your carrier. They provide the initial warranty and must be pushing an update. HTC isn't going to know what that is.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1064293