Software Wont Open

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KitaRaven

I have a specific program I use everyday... NVU ( http://nvu.com )...
It has been working prefectly fine for three months... now when I double click the desktop icon it wont open.. it doesn't show it running beneath processes either... I've ran my visrus scanner, Adaware, Microsoft Spyware program.. and it's still giving me the same problem.
I have uninstalled the program as well as reinstalled the program with no such luck. I did try reinstalling with my firewall shut down and that made no difference.

Any suggestions on what might cause it not to open? What I can do to refresh and clean my system?

Thank You.
I'm running Windows XP Profession SP1
AVG Virus Scanner
Sygate Personal Firewall
Microsoft Anti Spyware Beta

~ Kita

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
COuld be any number of things. Do you have any other symptoms? Other application that don't work?

If all else fails, try posting a HijackThis log and we'll take a look and see if anything jumps out at us.

KitaRaven

Great thank you, I will do that.. right now I'm running all my malware and spyware programs again.. cleaning everything up.. than I'll run HiJack This...
I have been having problems with my Poser Program as well ( http://curiouslabs.com )
It will open sometimes and others it wont.. but I just assumed the problem was because it's such a massive program.
Everything was working fine until this morning... so thank you. I will post my HIJack This log in a few minutes... :)

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
The only thing I see is the links to www.worldwinner.com, the rest looks pretty clean. I don't know that the game links are an issue, I just don't know anything about them.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online