1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Software

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by Solarant, Nov 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solarant

Solarant Thread Starter

I just bought a Mac G4, Here is my problem I have a lot of software I bought for my PC ,Photoshop 6, Flash 5, ETC,
    I am having problems loading it into the Mac, I keep geting the message
    "Set up exe could not be opened because the application program that made it could not be found"
    Any help anyone, desperate in Dayton.

2. Max19

Max19 Account Disabled

You can't install PC software on a MAC. You have to purchase MAC versions of the software.

3. plejon

plejon

There are some pc emulators on the market that will run on the Mac. Below is a small extract from the connectix site. Don't expect miracles though, this is more of a "workaround" solution. If your main goal is to run PC software, sell the Mac, and buy a PC.

---------------------------------
    Put a PC in your Mac!

Now it's easier than ever to give your Mac the PC compatibility you need. Virtual PC for Mac, Version 4 lets you put a fast, powerful PC inside your G3 or G4 Mac, enabling you to run PC applications, access PC networks, share files with PC-based colleagues, and use PC-only Internet services and applications. Choose from a range of pre-installed pre-configured OS's; Windows® 98, Me, 2000, or PC DOS.

http://www.connectix.com/products/vpc4m.html

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59584

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice