softwear conflict with win xp pro

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

killerken

a while back i installd easy ed creator #4 as my cd copying softwear. i recived an error message informing me their was a known softwear conflict between the program and win xp. the program was dissabled and then i uninstalled it, problem is it left some lingering files which i cannot find or remove. these files are not allowing me to install any other cd burning program
any help in finding and these files and removing them would be appreciated

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Roxio owns Easy CD Creator.

1. Look in the C:\Program Files folder and see if a Roxio folder is present. If it is, delete it.

2. Do a "search" for Roxio, then delete any files with that name as part of them.

3. Click Start - Run, type in REGEDIT, then click OK. Click the + in

HKEY_CURRENT_USER - Software

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - Software

If a Roxio entry is present in the Software sub-menu of either, right-click it, then click Delete - Yes.

4. Go here and download and install EasyCleaner 2.0.6.380. Once it's installed, run its "Registry" and "Unnecessary" functions, then delete everything that it finds. Leave the other functions alone.

----------------------------------------------------------------

If you uninstalled the program then any left over registry entries are invalid so a program like JV16 Power Tools (oldversion.com) will find all invalid registry entries and you can choose to delete them or not.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online