1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SOL.EXE and FREECELL.EXE errors

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by GOALIEFN, Oct 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GOALIEFN

GOALIEFN Thread Starter

I am having problems running Solitaire and Freecell on my computer.

My operating System is Windows 98SE.

When I attempt to run these programs, I get general protection faults on both in the following programs: SOL.EXE (for Solitaire) and CARDS.EXE (for Freecell). The programs both close with the message instructon me to "contact the vender if it happens again."

On both programs, the game screen turn green with gibberish at the top.

Once I hit "Close" everything disappears.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Is this a comman problem with a quick fix?

The Microsoft Knowledge Database lists this issue, with the solution of deactivating AOL or Yahoo Messanger programs. But as I do not run either one, I could not fix this issue.

If anyone out there has this problem, please assist me!

Thanks,

GREG :confused:

2. dc57

dc57

I have not had this problem myself but, I thought maybe you could try uninstalling them through add/remove programs and then reinstalling them to see if it makes any difference.
    Got to control panel-add/remove programs then select the windows setup tab. scroll down to games and open that up and uncheck classic games. You'll probably have to restart the computer, then go back in and reinstall them.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/289166