Solar Switch for gate light

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Braman

I have a gate light that has worked with a solar switch to turn off during daylight hours and on during nightime for close to 50 years. It stopped working and so I bought a Woods Pro light control from Amazon and it looks the same as the old one and I wired it the same and as was instructed. The light keeps turning on and off. I tried the black electric tape trick over the eye for 1/2 or even longer several times but didn't work. Amazon sent me another one and the same thing happened. I went to Home Depot and bought a Defiant Photo Control that looks the same and it also does the same thing= on and off on and off on and off. Help!! Please

Try creating a bit of a shield between the light output and the photosensor so that when the light does come on, the photosensor doesn't see it and turn it right back off.

Drabdr

First Name
Brad
SpywareDr is correct. In researching these devices, since the photoeye is so close to the bulb, the bulb can create issues.

The Woods Pro Light should have some tubes in the package you can use to shield the eye.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online