1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sold PCI-E card now trying to use onboard video but no display

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mullenium, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mullenium

mullenium Thread Starter

I recently sold my PCI-E card, I could have swore I uninstalled my old card's drivers and Im 100% sure I downloaded the drivers for the onboard card off of HP's website, but I cant remember If i installed them..im pretty sure I did but:

I had to go out and buy a DVI-F to VGA-M adapter to use for my monitor on the onboard card (since I only have DVI cable on my LCD)

the computer boots up fine with no beeps but there is no display, just a black screen and monitor's power button goes orange. when I unplug the VGA and plug it back in it goes blue for a sec then switches back to orange.

I cant get into bios because I cant see anything on the screen in the first place, unless I try to do it blind.

Any ideas?

2. zyper95

zyper95

You could have missed to enable the onboard video card when you uninstall the PCI-E card. Since you are out of any display it would be very difficult to properly fix this problem. All I can think of as of now to resolve your issue is to reinstall your operating system so upon installation your computer will be configured properly.

3. shaheel16

shaheel16

Well if u cant access ur Bios try flashing it up manually from ur motherboard and see if this resolve the problem

4. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Try resetting the cmos either by using the jumper or removing the battery.

5. mullenium

mullenium Thread Starter

haha Im gonna try the cmos jumper thing..well my fiancee is going to try..cross your fingers (im at work, shes at home)

6. mullenium

mullenium Thread Starter

lol shes 2 scared..I will have to wait until I get home

7. mullenium

mullenium Thread Starter

ok she tried the jumper reset thing and it didnt work, shes trying the Bat. thing now..im not sure if this will work though because I never had to manually set the bios to accept the PCI-E card..it was just plug and play

8. mullenium

mullenium Thread Starter

could it be my DVI -> VGA adaptor? it said on the package DVI-F analog to VGA male

9. mullenium

mullenium Thread Starter

yeah removing the CMOS Bat. didnt work

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/597786

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice