Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solution Center for our HP Photosmart Prem C310 error

870 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  plodr 
#1 ·
Hello Tech Support Guys,
You are most needed again! Boy, it is great you are here to help!!
I have a HP printer Solution Center for our HP Photosmart Prem C310. It is a mature lady but so far we have managed to keep both printer and software running smooth. That means until the beginning of 2021. The Solution Center software now indicated it needs the newest version of Adobe Flashplayer for Internet Explorer. But the Adobe Flashplayer has been discontinued by Adobe since January 2021.
In order to get our HP Photosmart Prem C310 Solution center running, is there some kind of substitute solution we can install?
I attach a screendump - and BTW: No Flashplayer is installed on our Win 10 computer. Something may have removed it, because I did not...
The best and hope to hear from you again,
Anders

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I have it on my HP 5610v AIO......this is what it is.

What is the HP Solution Center?
HP Solution Center is a specialized software program that is built-in all the HP printers manufactured before 2011. The software has been specially developed for Windows users. With HP Solution Center, you can perform many printer-related jobs (scanning an image, ordering supplies, checking ink levels, and more) in a jiffy. It can also be rightly said as a troubleshooting program that ensures your HP printer works smooth and sound.

https://hp-printer-support.us/hp-solution-center/

#6 ·
Hello Guys,
Thanks for all the wonderful attention this subject receive. I checked the HP software upgrade page, and the last available version is from August 2015. Nothing that will fix the HP Solution Center software problem, now that Adobe Flash has been revoked. The HPSC will not start. Period.
It is as you indicate about the HPSC, plankton23.
I'm out of any useable solutions....
Thanks to all of you for your time and effort!
Anders

#7 ·
all the HP printers manufactured before 2011
That explains why I never use it. Our printers pre-2011 are just printers. So I wouldn't open it to scan, since they can't scan. I can print fine and I don't order supplies from HP! My 2003 printer blinks when a cartridge needs attention.
Output device Automotive lighting Communication Device Gadget Automotive design

When light #2 blinks, I know a cartridge "might" need to be replaced. I usually wait until the print quality is poor.

#8 ·
My printer, I bought in 2000 (HP 5610v) and it has it. As I understand it....all before 2011 has it....like mine. Those after 2011 don't have it.

That said....there's 2 options here.....first is to get a new printer. 2nd is to uninstall your printer driver/software package. Then download a fresh copy and reinstall it. Sometimes for what ever reason the software becomes corrupt or has missing files and a reinstall generally fixes it.

#9 ·
You should be able to print without the HPSC so that leaves scanning the Link I provided has 2 scan solutions from HP which are free. Also to monitor the ink levels and can be done from the control panel.
Hp Check Ink Levels Hp site
Font Gadget Display device Audio equipment Electronic device

I can't see the need for a new printer. I would not uninstall the printer drivers.

#10 ·
I agree with PeterOz. Speaking as a mature lady, I'm in my mid 70's, you don't simply junk something that still prints. You learn to use the device without the software.
It will still print.
It will still scan.
The ink levels can be checked but truthfully, the print quality can tell you better than any program when a cartridge needs to be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.