Solved: ¿¿no Ideas??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sk8stlpunk

OK Here we go again ill start with some background info . . .

My ISP is Charter Pipeline
I have the modem (model # 60678EU) that came with from my ISP connected to a LINKSYS (BEFW11s4 ver. 4) router. I have 2 computers wired up to the router, 2 more hooked up to a hub that is wired up to the router, and an xbox that is wired into the router. I HAVE NO WIRELESS and no need for it.

Heres my dilemma about once or twice a day i loose internet connection. . . if i unplug the modem wait a few minuets then replug the modem i get nothing. If i unplug the Linksys router and wait a min. and replug the router then it works fine for the rest of the day usually.

Im 99% sure its not my ISP going down. Is there some kind of setup i need on my router to make it not do this.
:
I was also just thinking sometimes we get weird powersurges in our house, maybe could contributing/causing it to fail?

I need to take a class in networking maybe, although i dont know if that'll help

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND HELP IN ADVANCE!!
:) :cool: :)
Me, Myself, and I

Couriant

James
It wont be a setup issue if you are ok for the rest of the time. It sounds like a bad router.

I would agree that it sounds like a router issue too! The power surges that you mentioned sure doesn't help matters. They are kind of pricey, but a line conditioner/surge protector may help.

And just for the heck of it...have you checked for firmware updates for the router?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I'd put the router and modem on a UPS, I have all my network equipment running on UPS systems.

sk8stlpunk

I was actually thingking about getting a UPS for the router but itll have to wait till i get money and the time to deal with it . . . for now ill justy deal with the internet going down everyonce in a while!!

Yes i did also upgrade the firmware about a month ago and it didnt help.

Well Thanks for all the help and ideas, as of now the problem is sorta solved im just gonna put it further down on my to do list!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online