1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: 0 kb Folders, cannot open content

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Ryn, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryn

Ryn Thread Starter

I've been having problems on a particular machine for about a week and a half. It started with .jpgs all from source that would not open in photoshop or anything else, at first I assumed it was a file corruption/compatibility problem but discovered this was not so when a file that was previously fine would no longer open. This so far has been limited to image files (.jpg .bmp etc...) and photoshop files.

This morning we discovered that the containing folder shows 0kb and wont show thumbnails of the content. I copied the content to a new folder named something different and the content now opens.

Does anyone have any idea what we might try to figure out where the problem originates and start on the road to a solution.

I've run a virus scan and I am in the middle of a scan disk.

Ryn

2. Ryn

Ryn Thread Starter

Sorry to bump, I just wondered if anyone had any ideas, even just the likelihood of deteriation or seriousness.

3. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

0kb and no thumbnails....nothing in the folder to open.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648882

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice