Solved: 100% CPU can't kill process

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

surfnschultz

I was trying to solve a network printer issue, and I reset the hpdirectjetdirect box. Then tried to print a file, and it hung in the queue. I did a cancel all documents in the queue. It didn't work. I went to the server and print spooler on the server, shut it down and restart it. Job cleared BUT now I have a server at 100% cpu and a process i can't kill off consuming my server. Rebooting is not a option at this point.

Process is named hpfpegn0.exe anyone what this is or does, and how I can kill it of without rebooting the server?

OS is NT server 2000, with all the latest patches applied.

Thanks in advance for any help on this one. I will reboot if I have to, but would like to figure a way around it if possible.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online