1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: 15GB free space and it tells me not enough disk space??!!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by UnD3R0aTh, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. UnD3R0aTh

UnD3R0aTh Thread Starter

i wanted to copy a cd image (4.18GB ISO format) from partition F: (NTFS 9GB free) to partition D: (FAT32 12GB free space) and windows gives me that crap there is not enough space and i should do a disk clean up..ok i made a disk clean up to partition D: and there was 3GB of system restore files!!! maybe coz i deleted 6GB earlier anyway i deleted the system restore files and i turned it off so i have now 15GB free space on partition D: and yet it tells me there is not enough space..

i tried a trick i thought i can use winrar to archive the ISO image and select the destination folder on the partition i wanna move it to..but at like 80% winrar popped up a message that only NTFS partions can have files with file size more than 4GB..i hope theres nothing wrong with my windows or my hard disk..and i wanna know if theres a way to move that ISO image..thanx in advance.

2. Dave Mustaine

Dave Mustaine

FAT32 has a file size limit of 4 GB.

3. UnD3R0aTh

UnD3R0aTh Thread Starter

man i figured that out myself and its not my question!!!!!!!!!

4. Dave Mustaine

Dave Mustaine

Windows error message when you move a file that is too large for the file system is "There is not enough disk space." Sorry but you won't be able move the file to that partition unless you convert it to NTFS.

5. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Use WinRAR BEFORE you try to move it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. UnD3R0aTh

UnD3R0aTh Thread Starter

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/609282

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice