1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: 16GB for Fujifilm F30

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by CrazyComputerMan, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CrazyComputerMan

CrazyComputerMan Thread Starter

Just brought a xD card adapter for my Fujifilm F30. As I will be going to Melbourne and I would love to take some filming and things.

Yestersday I spoke with Jessop about this and she say inserting 16GB microsd with xd card would crash my camera. The only maximum size for my camera is 2GB

Is there way that I might could upgrade my firmwire of my camera this might accept higher size of card? It just that I cannot afford a new camera.

Tho if it had to be 2GB but I'm still happy with it as 2gb microsd are cheaper then xD

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

I doubt it. I don't think that firmware is involved, but design. I don't know specifically why there was a cutoff at the 2 GB level, but I have a few older devices that do not support anything larger, including one card reader. It seems to be a hardware issue, so just stock up on the cheaper 2 GB's.

3. allnodcoms

allnodcoms

It is not possible to upgrade the camera, as firmware is not involved. The limit is imposed by the size of the address registers on the chip, they can only hold a certain number of bits and these bits represent addressable storage space. Basically numbers bigger than 2GB just won't fit...

Danny

4. Bernardo

Bernardo

You can safely test it. It will either recognize it, or it won't. Period.

5. CrazyComputerMan

CrazyComputerMan Thread Starter

Marking as solved as brought a xD card adapter and if it can't using the bigger I would stick to 2gb and microsd are very cheap on cards rather then xD but the adapter wont simply fit the camera and this is pointless so will be sticking with 2gb and transferring photo to USB 64gb regularly :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1060751