1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: 19 Inches DELL Monitor got stuck due to 'Power Saving' upon pushing power but

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cosmos2011, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cosmos2011

Cosmos2011 Thread Starter

Hi:
    Dell 19 inches Monitor come with the Dell Mini-tower/XP:

The screen does not appear due to 'power saving' upon pushing 'power' button at the right corner bottom, although the PC running fine. When I used the other monitor with the same Dell PC, the screen comes right away.

How to 'unstuck' power saving in order to get the screen? [​IMG]

Thanks for your help in advance

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    A monitor usually goes into power saving mode if it does not detect any incoming video signals.

If your monitor has more than one type of video input connector, you may need to activate its built in menus to select the correct input jack

3. Cosmos2011

Thanks for the quick response.

The monitor was purchased 'as used,' then I have no idea how to activate and etc." The seller does not indicate any upon on sale/auction.

Besides this, all of the other monitors are just hooked up power and monitor cables to get the screen instantaneously. Is there a difference between Dell and other monitors?

Could you guide me step by step if you have the time to do?

Thanks,

4. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
    If the monitor has only one video input connector, then there should not be an issue if the correct connector is being used.

There may be an issue if you are driving the monitor with video signals whose resolution and refresh rates are beyond the range of the monitor. It may go into a power saving mode in such a case.

Dell makes more than one model of monitor. I would suggest you check the support section of the Dell web site and see if you can download an Adobe Acrobat PDF file of the user manual for your particular model. It should tell you about supported video formats and how to access and use any on-screen menus.

Was the monitor sold "Used As-Is" or did the seller test the used monitor and confirmed it worked before selling it? If sold As-is, it may be internally broken in a way that it does not accept any video inputs and displays the power saving message.

5. Cosmos2011

Thanks again, ...

The DELL monitor, ... it's 'P1911t' and 19 inches and black in color.

The monitor came with the DELL mini-tower and 60-days' warranty. The seller sounds a good one, however without any instructions given, I can not figure out how to set-up. Because, I never used DELL monitor and my others are HP, Acer and the like, all of which are very easy to set-up and user-friendly.

I looked at DELL site, but there is no 'user's guide' nor any instructive guide found.

6. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
    If the monitor came with a CD, there may be user documentation on the disc. If not, you may want to see if the User Guide for the Dell P1911 will apply to your P1911t model. I have no idea what the "t" at the end signifies.

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-prod...prt_Display/dell-p1911_User's Guide_en-us.pdf

The information in the above guide shows how to access and navigate the on-screen menus. One of the menus is for selecting the signal source. You should have it set to match the connection you are using or have it auto select.

7. Cosmos2011

It's DONE:):):)

Thanks for ALL the help, particularly 'User's guide' that is truly helpful and useful.

My gratitude is more than words I can express.

Thanks AGAIN!

8. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
    You're welcome. (y) (y)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1095931

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice