1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: 19"wide screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Lil Chris, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lil Chris

Lil Chris Thread Starter

A friend has bought a 19" acer widescreen monitor.He doesn't have the option in properties to set the correct native resolution.I told him to download the latest Nvidia drivers for his graphics card a FX5200 which he has done.I told him to install any drivers that came with the monitor which he has done but he still does not have the 1440x900 option.Can anyone please advise.

2. Flags

Flags

Lil Chris: Right click on empty space on desktop, choose Nvidia Display, Your monitor should show up, click on it, then choose Resolution and Refresh rate.
    Or Display settings>Settings>Advanced>Nvidia FX 5200>Resolution and Refresh rate.
    Or, if you have a Nvidia Display contro. in your system tray (down by the clock), you should be able to change the resolution from it.

3. Lil Chris

Lil Chris Thread Starter

Thanks thats what I have told him to do but he says the 1440x900 resolution is not listed?

4. Wasper

Wasper

I did a quick search for Max resolutions for the FX 5200 series.

All the sites say max is 2048 x 1536 x 32bit x 60 Hz Max Analog

I also see that the iMac G5 came with a FX5200 and wide screens with res of 1440x900.
    http://support.apple.com/specs/imac/iMac_G5.html

Its really strange that he cant get it into that res...

5. griffinspc

griffinspc

6. Lil Chris

Lil Chris Thread Starter

thanks guys I'll direct him to those links...

7. Flags

Flags

8. Lil Chris

Lil Chris Thread Starter

Thanks for that Flags,thats put a cat amongst the pidgeons.Can anybody reccomend the best res to use with that monitor and Graphics card combination......

9. griffinspc

griffinspc

I think he may have a choice of exchanging that monitor for another since it's new or buying another vid card. Trying to run a flat panel in anything other than it's native resolution generally gives poor performance.

10. Flags

Flags

Like griffinspc said. Either the pigeons or the cat has to go.

11. hewee

hewee

I got the FX5200 and there is no 1440x900.

12. Flags

Flags

Lilchris: If he uses any resolution but 1440 x 900 on that monitor, the picture is not going to look right. LCD's have a native resolution that should be used.
    I have a Hanns-G 19" wide screen w/1440 x 900 using a FX5500 and the picture is great.
    I think it would be easier to exchange the 5200 for a 5500.

13. Lil Chris

Lil Chris Thread Starter

Thanks for your input Flags,thats basically what I have told him he's going to have to change one or the other its upto him now.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/563204

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice