1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Solved) 2 questions for Word 2003

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by REBECKA, Apr 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. REBECKA

REBECKA Thread Starter

Hi, I have a couple questions about Word 2003, I am still getting used to 2003 so it is probably very simple. (At least I hope so). :)
    How do I set it up so that in Word 2003 the Microsoft Office Online - Getting Started task pane doesn’t show every time I fire up the program? Also, isn’t there a way to have Word automatically insert page numbers? I now have to insert everytime if I want them. Also have a IE question but will start a new thred for that.

Thanks!
    Rebecka

2. XL Guru

XL Guru

3. downtime

downtime

It seems you have to do it in a few steps. First go to Help, Online Content, and uncheck Show content and links from Microsoft Office Online. Then go to view and uncheck Task Pane. Then view again, toolbars, customize, and remove the check in front of task pane there. It shouldn't open again.

4. melonhead

melonhead

For your page numbers go to headers and footers and one of the buttons is the insert page numbers command. I think it is the farthest to the left. (I'm not at my regular computer so I cannot check.) Hope this helps.

5. REBECKA

REBECKA Thread Starter

Thanks all of you, it was as simple as can be of couse just unchecking a box! Thank you so much GURU! :p

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221166

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice