1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Solved) 256 colour problems

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by anais4uk, Jan 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. anais4uk

anais4uk Thread Starter

I am having problems with my display colour setup since I reinstalled windows 98 SE. Images displayed in my web browser (internet explorer 6) are now blotchy. Everything was fine until yesterday when I reinstalled windows now when I change my screen area to 1024 by 768 the 256 colours appears patchy. This was perfect before I reinstalled I have tried to reinstall my video card and updated drivers but it still appears the same. I am using S3Inc.Trio 3D/2X. What am I doing wrong? Any help greatly appreciated.

TIA Anais

2. rugrat

rugrat

anais4uk

Why are you trying to run just 256 color? Can you turn it up to 16 or 24 bit? 256 color is blotchy on any machine if you are looking at pictures.

Let us know

3. anais4uk

anais4uk Thread Starter

Rugrat you where spot on with your advice thank you very much. I am not very experienced with computers and I must have spent the last 24 hours or so trying to solve the problem, I have uninstalled my video card and reinstalled it, I have searched for updated drivers and installed them. I have searched all over the internet and got nowhere. With your advice it was sorted in a second.....lol.

Thanx once again Anais :D

4. rugrat

rugrat

No problem, Glad to help!

SeeYa

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115218

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice