Solved: 2GB ram. Windows says 1mb???? WTF

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Blink182

Banned
Hi there.

Windows says the following:

System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2
Registered to: <wont post that>
Manufactured and Supported by: NEC

NEC Computers International. Versa Series Computer. Intel Pentium M Processor 1.80GHz.
1MB of RAM. <--WTF

I have 2GIG of RAM :mad: :eek: (n) With Windows...

WHY???? :confused: :confused:

Hi Blink182

Have you recently installed the RAM? or moved it? I had this a while back and it happened to be an incorrectly seated stick.

Andy

Blink182

Banned
nah. Just realised when i decided to open sys properties. RAM came 2MB with the computer.

Does any part of the pc recognise 2gig? (your statement "I have 2GIG of RAM With Windows..." is a little confusing.

If it came with the ram is the pc still under warranty? Is it a laptop or a desktop and can you check what is installed?

valis

couple things. First, when you repeatedly refer to 2mb ram, it's a bit confusing. Second, do you have a system monitor such as everest? If not, type dxdiag in the start > run box, and on the system tab, report what it states under memory back here.

v

Obviously your machine is using more than 1MB of RAM! It's been asked several times, but you need to check elsewhere. I would start in BIOS or what does it say when you boot up?

You're probably right.......

Post #3:
Blink182 said:
....... RAM came 2MB with the computer.
Sounds like it's an NEC laptop.

Blink182:

Unless you want to give a lot more (or any) information about the computer and the problem - perhaps some screenshots etc. - I don't see how you can reasonably expect any useful assistance. ;)

Blink182

Banned
Look whats happening here is that i have a laptop (NEC). I have 2GB of ram. Windows shows only 1MB. I dont mean 1GB, i mean 1MB! BIOS Shows 2GB, and that dxdiag thing also shows 2GB. But sysdm.cpl (puter properties) only shows 1MB

Well oviously youre using more than 1MB of ram, so theres really no problem...probably just a software bug... Maybe downloading some sort of diagnostic software to test your memory just in case...

Blink182

Banned
ahh already did. But now windows shows correct amount? Turns out it was a corrupted profile.:confused: :mad: Thanks for the help guys.

valis

cool.....you can mark this as solved in teh upper right had corner under thread tools.

v

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online