1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: 2nd Movie Not Showing Up

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Hulk701, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Hulk701

Hulk701 Banned Thread Starter

Hey Gang,

My problem is that if I burn a second movie, video or mpg on to the same DVD disk, sometimes the second movie doesn't show up.

It shows up on the DVDRW (NEC ND 1300A) in my computer but not the DVD player I have connected to my TV.

Sometimes the second movie does show up, sometimes it doesn't.

What's going on? Is this a problem with my DVD player(AMW Amplon Mediaworks) or is there something wrong with the way I'm burning things?

I have a choice between burning at 2X or 4X.

I have a choice between burning an ISO, UDP, ISO/UDP or DVD Video.

I am using Nero 6.0 software for burning.

Should I be burning the entire file or just the VOB file?

I can't seem to figure out why some movies work and others don't.

Thanks,

HULK

2. cwby74

cwby74

i have found that happen a few times with ones i have burned, usually came down the codecs or the way the movie was burned. make sure you have all the codecs that you need to burn sometimes its not actually your software program but the movie or the dvd player that your using is not made to read the certian way you burned it. another way you can try to burn it using nero is try burning it as a data file and see how that works for you.

3. Hulk701

Thanks for the help Cowboy,

How do I burn it as a data file?:eek:

4. cwby74

cwby74

depending on your version of nero. just open up nero start smart when it brings up the page with all the icons at the top it should be the first icon on top and to the left select data and from there it will give you to add the file that you want to burn. Also you might want to try and burn it a couple other ways if those options are available to you.

5. Hulk701

Actually I solved the problem by reinstalling Nero on my XP drive. I have two drives, a 98 drive and an XP drive. The installation on XP was really just a shortcut from my 98 drive. Reinstalling it completely on XP solved the problem,

Thanks,
    HULK!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538759

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice