1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: 3 Monitor Set Up Need Help To Active One

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by spirittoo, Mar 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. spirittoo

spirittoo Thread Starter

I'm trying to set up 3 monitors so I can use them in FS2004. I'm getting an image on all three monitors, but the nvidia control panel doesn't see the monitor that is hooked up to the Kensignton Muliti Display USB Adapter.

It is not listed in the drop down menu. Windows see the three monitors, but has the one hooked up to the adapter as not being active. The best the nvida control panel can do it make a clone of the main monitor with the monitor hooked up to the adapter.

When I hit identify in the windows display box it shows the left and middle monitor as 3 and the right monitor as 1. Is there any why to activate the monitor with the adapter so it will be seen as an independent monitor so I can have my side views while flying?:confused:

Thanks for reading my post.
    :)

2. spirittoo

spirittoo Thread Starter

Oh and one other thing .... when I check the box marked ... "Extend my Windows view onto this monitor." This is in windows going through the control panel to display, where you can ID the monitors. The monitors blink then the check mark is removed from the box. Don't know what is up with that. I have nvida set up to display separate monitors.

3. spirittoo

spirittoo Thread Starter

Kensington has a config panel, and I am given the options of "off" "mirror" "extend" "extend to" "set as main monitor". If I don't have it checked for mirror ... I get no image. If I try any of those options other than mirror I get no display.:confused:

4. spirittoo

spirittoo Thread Starter

Well sir ... I got it together!:D

It was the Kensington adapter driver that was the problem. I had installed the wrong driver .... I had the driver for the 3.0 USB when the adapter I have is 2.0 USB ....

Called Kensington tech support. He showed me what to do and where to get the correct driver and how to set up the adapter ...

I had to unhook the adapter and uninstalled all its software. Then I had to reinstall the correct software and then restart the computer. Once booted up again. I hooked up the adapter. I was able to use the extend option and I had my three screens.

All I had to do is go into windows display properties identify the screens made the middle my main screen and got them in order for the mouse to move back and forth between screens and that's it.

Thanks for reading my post.
    :p

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144569

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice