1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: 3Com wireless router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ghassan99, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ghassan99

ghassan99 Thread Starter

Hi All,

I have the follorwing router: 3Com Officeconnect ADSL wireless firewall router
    I have updated the router to the latest firmware 2.06

Now I'm trying to open ports on that router, bur nothing seems to work. I have enabled virtual servers, disabled the firewall, etc. But everytime I check my ports thru the tools on whatismyip.com it keeps telling me the port is closed.

I wonder if anyone has this router and facing such problems.

Thanks,
    -Gus

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

How about any software firewalls on your computer?

3. ghassan99

ghassan99 Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply. But I have disabled windows firewall and also disabled my Panda AV. Same result

4. JohnWill

The port being "closed" indicates there is no application handling the request, not that you didn't forward to port.

How about being more specific about exactly what you're trying to do and the applications involved?

5. ghassan99

ghassan99 Thread Starter

Actually it seems that I'm going through a proxy (fom my ISP), and that is why whatismyip.org is detecting a closed port. I added a virtual server (or port forwarding) in my 3Com router and tested my local ip and it is working.

Thanks for your help.

-Gus

6. JohnWill

I guess we can consider this one solved?

You can mark your own threads solved using the thread tools at the upper right of the screen.© :)

7. ghassan99

ghassan99 Thread Starter

Yep. Thanks.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536515

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice