Solved: 3Com wireless router

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ghassan99

Hi All,

I have the follorwing router: 3Com Officeconnect ADSL wireless firewall router
I have updated the router to the latest firmware 2.06

Now I'm trying to open ports on that router, bur nothing seems to work. I have enabled virtual servers, disabled the firewall, etc. But everytime I check my ports thru the tools on whatismyip.com it keeps telling me the port is closed.

I wonder if anyone has this router and facing such problems.

Thanks,
-Gus

ghassan99

Thank you for your reply. But I have disabled windows firewall and also disabled my Panda AV. Same result

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
The port being "closed" indicates there is no application handling the request, not that you didn't forward to port.

How about being more specific about exactly what you're trying to do and the applications involved?

ghassan99

Actually it seems that I'm going through a proxy (fom my ISP), and that is why whatismyip.org is detecting a closed port. I added a virtual server (or port forwarding) in my 3Com router and tested my local ip and it is working.

Thanks for your help.

-Gus

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I guess we can consider this one solved?

You can mark your own threads solved using the thread tools at the upper right of the screen.© :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts