1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: 3G internet very slow over the network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by raj_kalangutkar, Dec 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. raj_kalangutkar

raj_kalangutkar Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have set up a network of 7 systems which are connected to each other using a switch and CAT 6 cables. All the systems are loaded with Windows XP service pack3. I have also purchased the 3G internet connection which uses a USB dongle. I have shared this connection using a proxy server which is called as analog x. The speed of the connection on the system to which the dongle is physically connected is excellent and very fast. The other systems on the network can access the internet and browse through websites. But the speed is terribly slow and half the pages will not open at all. Gmail will never load. The home page of most of the websites loads up correctly but then the subsequent pages will never load and just time out. This had become a major problem since it is a cyber cafe.
    Could this be any problem with the cabling? Should not be actually since the games are working perfectly fine without any problems. But I must tell you that the batteries for the backup are placed very close to the cables. It is a stack of 8 batteries. Could this be any problem? Again it should not be since I tried connecting two systems using a cross cable ( one system with the dongle and the proxy server and the other one as the client) Again the same problem.

I need to get this sorted as soon as possible as I am losing endless number of customers.
    Please help me out guys

Thanks a lot, Merry Christmas!! :)

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Have you tested with Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) to see if that proxy program is a bottleneck?

What does the program do for you that ICS doesn't (just curious)?

3. raj_kalangutkar

Well I haven't tried ICS. Will give it a shot. I use this program so that I can give manual IPs to the systems. But let me give it a shot. Will keep you posted. Thanks TerryNet

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If you mean the program has an IP reservation feature that is a definite advantage. If you mean that you are configuring each client with a static IP you can do that with ICS. IPs are 192.168.0.x, with x from 2 through 254; mask 255.255.255.0, Default Gateway and DNS server 192.168.0.1.

5. srhoades

srhoades

Or get a 3G router capable router.

6. raj_kalangutkar

Thanks TerryNet and sorry for the late reply. ICS did the job well. It is working fine now. Happy New Year :)

7. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You're welcome. :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970352

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice