Solved: 3rd POST Need Immediate help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dave001

This is my third post hoping that someone will reply with an effective stratagey. I copied some files into the Shared Documents Folder and now I am unable to remove them from that folder. I even tried to delete the files and all folders and no luck whatso ever. I now how duplicate files that are taking all my disk space.

When I try to delete these files from Shared Documents I get error that reads " Cannot Delete (file name) Access is denied. Maske sure the disk is not full or write protected and the file is not in use"

I have tried everything from changin permisons to taking admin ownership and even used killbox to delete them NO LUCK.. I also deleted the shared docs key in the registry in hopes to get rid of the shared docs option all together...It didn't work.

Now I know that sometimes everyone flies blind in troubleshooting problems but to mimic what is happening to me try and delete the Sample Pictures folder under Shared Documents and you should get the same exact errors. I use Sample pics as a example because i know everyone with XP Pro should have these files.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ASAP!!!

Dave001

Thanks everyone but I was unable to put into practice your suggestions.. I finally figured out how to delete those files.

1) Logged into Admin in safe mode
2) I tunred off Simple file sharing by going to my computer-> Folder options- Unchecked simple file sharing.
3) Then deleted those items without problems.

Thanks for everyone who posted

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online