1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: 64 bit internet

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by zxjodixz, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zxjodixz

zxjodixz Thread Starter

Everytime I try and use the regular internet it says internet explorer has stopped working adn will not let me use it at all. Any idea what is wrong and what i cant do to fix it? I cam use the 64 bit internet whatever that means but i need flash player for school which i can not get with the 64 bit. all in all i just would like someone to help me get the regular inter explorer working.

2. davehc

davehc Retired Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    David
    "I can use the 64 bit internet whatever that means " To the best of my knowledge, there is no such thing as 64Bit internet.
    Perhaps you mean a 64Bit browser?
    There is no need to use a 64Bit browser in your OS, even if the OS is 64Bit. The gains at the moment are still, in any case, quite small. If using Windows 7 64Bit, the default browser is IE 32Bit.
    Fwiw, there is a 64Bit Flash available.

3. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Click Start, type cmd, when cmd.exe appears in the list, right click it and click Run as administrator
    Type SFC /ScanNow and press Enter.

That will replace any corrupt files.

This could also be a corrupted Add On, try starting IE in Safe Mode
    Ciick Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools
    Click on Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)
    See if that works.
    If it does, click Tools | Manage Add-ons (Press ALT to display the menu bar if needed)
    Change the Show drop down to All add-ons
    Select each add on, and click Disable.
    Close IE and start it normally.
    If that works, you can enable add-ons one or two at a time to find the one causing the problem. You may be able to uninstall it from here, or may have to use Control Panel | Programs and Features.

Internet Explorer add-ons: frequently asked questions

4. zxjodixz

zxjodixz Thread Starter

Wow I love You! Thats amazing I disabled all the add ons and it works.. Thank You so much!! I actually had called my computer company previous to finding this web site and they wanted me to pay 150 for some to talk me threw it. I thank you again!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974155

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice