1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: 6t04 adapter fail?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by rosh325, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rosh325

rosh325 Thread Starter

My girlfriend is on a new dell inspiron e1405 laptop running Vista Home Premium. The device manager shows an exclamation point next to "6t04 adapter" under Network Adapters. I did not recognize this device, nor did I find great information via google. Any suggestions? The internet seems to be working just fine.
    Thanks

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Well, I think this is a question for Dell Support, this is an IPv6 issue. It's really not hurting anything, and it appears a ton of people are having the same issue.

Here's something I found searching the net.

1) In control panel, open up system. properties.
    2) Select the hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.
    3) In device manager, click the view menu and select "Show hidden devices".
    4) You'll find "Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface" listed under Network Adapters.
    5) You can right click and disable it.

Then, right click on the 6to4 Adapter and disable it.

reboot.

3. rosh325

rosh325 Thread Starter

Hey John thanks for the quick and helpful reply. I followed your steps, and upon reboot, both disabled devices were still listed as disabled. If I re-enable them, I get the same error message. If it's not hurting anything then I guess I won't worry about it. Thanks

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

They won't hurt anything disabled, this seems to be a rather common issue with Vista and some computers.

5. rosh325

rosh325 Thread Starter

not a problem. Thanks for the help as always!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/592313